Tuesday 9 April 2013

29+3

Well I had my 28 week midwife appointment last Wednesday and everything is ok, had a loads of bloods taken too, blood pressure is fine and measurement and HB fine.  I mentioned my sisters pulmonary embolism and was told they would have to discuss with consultant and they would let me know if they needed to do anything.

On Friday I missed a call from the hospital and my voicemail wasn't set up on new phone so they couldn't leave a message or number but it was 5.30pm so doubt I would be able to contact them anyway.  On Sunday a letter was hand delivered by the hospital advising me of an appointment with consultant for the next afternoon! I must admit it worried me even though the rational side of me knew it was either to do with my blood results or sisters PE.

Turns out it was because of sisters PE and after careful consideration they have decided I should just have clexane injections for 6 weeks after the birth but if I am ever admitted to hospital for any reason I have to have it.

Now I have whooping cough injection to look forward to tomorrow, boo.

Also have to have another glucose test on 22nd April, and have 32 week midwife appointment on 1st May, start antenatal classes on 29th April.  It's all go as they say!!

The past couple of days the ugly heartburn has started to show and it looks like I will have to resort to gaviscon but I hate it! Im trying love heart sweets as apparently they can help!
 
xx

2 comments:

  1. I just want to take the time to say a belated congratulations to you and your family. This is such wonderful, wonderful news!!!

    ReplyDelete