Monday 15 October 2012

15th October

Baby Loss Awareness Day

International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

National Wave of Light


There are a few names for this, it's not just here in the UK.  For one very special day in the year all of us mothers and fathers come together to remember, reflect and share our losses.  It's a very special group, one that no-one wants to be a part of but one we are glad to have here for us. 

There is still such a taboo about being open about loss.  Even now I am wary of posting relative things on Facebook - but why??? It's my Facebook page, it happened to me, it's my life.  And most of all, we need to talk about it.  We don't want people to pretend it doesn't happen.  It's all very well the posts and scan pictures all over Facebook on a daily basis but what about us, why do we suffer in silence and when we do get help/advice/support/understanding it's only in our lovely wee family off loss that we can find it.

So tonight I lit my candles and remember my 3 darling angel babies gone far too soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment